Has anyone else noticed the newer spongebob episodes are gross?

my son loves spongebob but I only allow him to watch the older episodes because the newer one are just plain gross.. they're not funny at all, they remind me alot of ren and stimpy... It's like they hired new writers and producers for the show. am I the only one who noticed this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's like a cartoon for adults, that haven't all the way grown up yet...It's weird and I don't let my kiddos watch it. Even some of the older ones, if you listen to it, have adult subjects, jokes or themes. CRAZY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• well ren and stimpy was originally an adult cartoon which they tried cleaning up and televising on kids networks...i agree, i don't like the new episodes but i wouldn't forbid my daughter from watching them simply because they are gross
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I know ! it's pretty nasty.. some of them are so obscene they should be on adult swim, not a childrens network.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• and everything has adult subjects....kids shows, movies...they all have adult jokes in them...except maybe the shows for toddlers
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• When dd was 1 her & her daddy LOVED to watch Spongebob together... Her 2nd bday party was even Spongebob theme... But now that she is 3 I do what i can to not let her see the show..

Did the show change, or am i more protective since shes older now ... IDK, maybe both...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2010