Hi moms! What did you do this Saturday? What did you used to do pre-kids? Do you have date nights with your man?

Today, I did the laundry, cleaned, the kids had their voice training and dance lessons, I taught them Math and sent them to bed. Now, I'm watching Precious at home.

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 1:58 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• It's Sunday afternoon here, but this is what I did on Saturday :-)

First, I fried some chicken, and my dh cleaned the kitchen for me afterward while I showered and got dressed. Then, my dh and I spent the day exploring up and down the Pacific coast of Japan (where we're stationed). We were checking out campsites for a trip we're going to be taking with Scouts later. We had a picnic at the beach looking out over the water (lol - in our car, it was nice enough to walk around and stuff, but in a heavy jacket, and too cold and windy to eat outside the car). Then, we drove around some more, exploring.

After we got home, we stopped at the store then came home and had dinner and spent some more time together. Later he went to bed and I stayed up until it was time for our kids to get home (they had left on Thurs with their HS soccer teams, and weren't due home until like 4 am Sat night / Sun morning.)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:05 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• OH - lol, I should add, this is NOT our typical Saturday :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:06 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Thanks for your answer. Is your husband in the military? That is a great way to spend Saturdays! =)
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 2:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• We woke up, had breakfast, then went to our kids soccer games. Came home, did a little cleaning, made homemade waffles for dinner. DH played some Call of Duty while the kids did their own things, then we all watched Astro Boy together. By then it was 11:00 PM so we sent the kids to bed. Typical Saturday around here. Most of the day is spent at soccer or other sports games of the boys.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Yes, he's in the Navy, and we're stationed in northern Japan :-)

Usually, we spend our Saturdays running errands, doing things with Scouts, or doing family stuff. But, since we had a "kid free weekend", we took advantage of it :-)

lol - I should add, my kids are 17 and almost 16, so as far as pre kids.... lol - it's been so long, it's hard to remember ;-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:51 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• We've all been sick here so our Saturday involved a bunch of coughing and sneezing. DH had called in sick on Friday and had pretty much slept from Friday morning to about 3 on Sat. He works security at Club La Vela here in Panama City, Fl. You should google this place...the club holds like 6000 people!! I guess it's one of the biggest spring break destinations in the country, which is currently going on. The boys and I also spent our evening watching part of the pbs pledge drive, they were doing a special on 60's music acts from the Ed Sullivan Show. The boys loved it, even though they are only 4 and 5, they are really into all types of music.

As far as date nights? Most of the time our date nights consist of putting the boys to bed and playing Guild Wars with each other. If you've never heard of it, it's an online multi-player role playing game. It's like World of Warcraft, but lots cheaper. lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 4:13 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Laundry, played on pbskids.org with the kids, caught up on Face Book. Then the kids and I went to the DMV and I got my driver's license renewed, grocery shopping, shopped for DD's friend's birthday gift, found an awesome clearance deal on the end tables I had been admiring for quite some time but had to drive to another store (it's a chain store) to get two of them the were not the scratched up display models. Then, ate gross fast food in the car for dinner on the way home. Ate it because the kids were starving and it was getting late and we still had to drive an hour back home.

Pre-kids I would occasionally do stuff with friends on a weekend or evening, but I worked a lot so I didn't do a lot of socializing. The last date DH and I had was before kids about 7 years ago. And even then, we didn't go out together very much. DH figured that since we were already married ,we didn't need to date. *sigh*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Laundry, cleaned kids rooms, then watched movies. It was also my wedding anniversary hmmm thinking this was not the most exciting anniversary lol. DH and I had decided just to spend a quiet day with the kids and watch movies but i got a cleaning bug so oh well LOL.

Before kids I did pretty much the same thing and then DH and I would either hang out at home or go out to dinner or a bookstore or movie, we were homebodies even back then.

We get date nights but they are rare.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Saturday we took the kids to a large park with ducks. We came home and played Monopoly - our 5 yr old won. Then we had dinner. Then hubby and the boys played video games while I read a book. Exciting aren't we?

Pre-kids....gosh, I don't remember. Hanging out with friends, darts at the bowling alley, just chilling. We were never too crazy.

Do we have date night? Occasionally. We are lucky in that our oldest is now 13 so he is able to babysit for a couple hours so hubby and I can eat out & catch a movie from time to time.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• WE browsed good will stores. 50% off Saturdays. Went to the pet stores to look at puppy stuff for our dogs. Went to buy my son's new baseball mit for the season.
    Pre kids....Nothing much. Homebody, still can be at times.
    Date night...Are you kidding?
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 12:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2010