When is the best time to register my son for school ?

and if hes gonna turn 5 this May does he start with prekinder or kinder?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in

• in most districts he would start kindy in the fall, unless your year round then it depends when their "new year " starts. Most places have a kindy round up in april or may to get the registration done. Call your local elem. school and ask when that is scheduled, that would be the first thing I would do.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:12 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Kindergarten. Call the school that he would attend and get him registered. In my city, registration for Kindergarten was at the beginning of this month. If you don't know what school he would attend, call the school district and they will be able to help you out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Yep, kindergarten. My son turns 5 in May and is already registered for kindergarten next year. He is in pre-K this year, but registration is open to new students as well. You may want to call the school sooner rather than later to make sure there's room.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Actually, most start enrolling now for the fall.
    Anonymous