ok is this wierd to you

when my mother-in-law takes a bath she uses one cap full of bleach yes i said bleach she said it makes you feel very clean but dont just a taking a shower do that has any one you know do that i think its crazy

mrs.dewberry01

Asked by mrs.dewberry01 at 4:43 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yiiiiiiikes!! i wouldnt want bleach gettin in all my nooks and crannies..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I have actually heard of people doing this. . . was told it is to help in the cleanliness of the water. . .like get rid of little nasties if you have a personal well. . . you know how personal well water can be foul or have debris in it. . . it just helps keep it clean. . . but since the invention of a good water softener and filter. . .I don't know that there is much need in the addition of bleach to the water. . .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I have heard of people with eczema doing it, but there is NO way I am going to be putting a TOXIC chemical onto my skin knowingly. NO WAY. It can not be healthy. Bleach kills off both good and bad bacteria. You need good bacteria to help fight off the bad, so it's bad for you.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• That is weird. Maybe if for some reason I had no clean water to bathe in, I might add bleach to it, but if it is just normal tap water, heck no! My tap water is city waster and it has enough chlorine as it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• city *water, not waster. oops.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I'd be afraid of my skin getting too dried out.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:58 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• not to mention all the yeast infections you'd have...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• She's still alive and kicking isn't she? And just fine? I've heard of people doing it before, especially if the water isn't particularly clean.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Ick! I wouldn't do it, but as a pp stated, we do swim in pools with chlorine. Chlorine in the bleach is just sodium chloride salts, and while non-fatal in small doses, it is unpleasant. **By non-fatal, back to the swimming pool--have you ever swallowed pool water? Are you still alive?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• So she is chlorinating the water much like what we use to swim in at any pool. Not a surprise that our well needs a gallon of bleach a year to keep it clean. I understand what she is doing yet I would not do it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2010