What activities do you do outside the home with your baby?

and how old are/were they?

Melissa15

Asked by Melissa15 at 5:42 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We do the library and story hour, grocery shop, playdates with friends, breakfast at Panera (amazing how much learning goes on when you sit by the window and discuss what is outside!), go to Grandma's house, go to the park. When the weather is nice we are outside a lot. We take walks, play on our swing set, and go "exploring" in our yard. My kids are 3.5 and 1.5.
    OwensMommy77

Answer by OwensMommy77 at 9:18 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My son is 2 now, but our library offers a baby story class for birth to 18 mths every week. He loved it!! Now we go to toddler time.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 6:35 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Library story time. Also mom and me swim at the college, ages 6 months to 3 years. The moms get in the pool, too, and follow the instructions the teacher gives on showing the baby how to swim. Y classes. Sunday School. Playgroups with other moms in the neighborhood or just friends- all ages.

Answer by Bmat at 7:32 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• We go for walks. Run errands - grocery shop, etc. We go to LLL meetings and on the weeks we don't have meetings they have play dates at the park and we go to those.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:57 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• she goes with me to all my errands. go for walks. we play outside on the playground and just discover new things outside. she just turned a year old.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:57 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My son is 10 months old. We participate in a playgroup... so we have playdates a couple times a week. We do baby gym once a week. The library. Walks with his big sister and daddy.
    AutymsMommy

Answer by AutymsMommy at 9:18 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Not much in the winter because its just too cold to drag them out and then there are all the sick people. But once it gets nice out, we go to the park, running errands, walks around the neighborhood, open outside malls just to enjoy the atmosphere, and about once a month to the zoo. Even at 6-9 months of age, my oldest would start noticing and enjoying the animals. We tried to stay to cloudy overcast days when they are little so its easier to see and we aren't fighting the sun in their eyes.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:52 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My son is 2. We go to the park, go shopping, go visit people at work who have interesting jobs (he has an uncle who works on a farm and his daddy works in a music store, for example), or just go for walks. We try to get out and do SOMETHING every day, even if it's just 30 minutes at the grocery store.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 2:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My youngest is 8 months and we go outside so he can explore, we go to the playground so he can go on the swings and slides, we go for walks, we roll a soccer ball back and forth, we blow bubbles, and I take hundreds of pictures. He loves watching his brother (4) run around playing.
    Domzmom2005

Answer by Domzmom2005 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• hiking, camping, walking, sledding, play groups, farmers markets, shopping, library, going to the park, the beach, museums, my kids are 9, 7, 3, and 10 months
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 8:20 AM on Mar. 22, 2010