cottenell wipes

does anyone use cottenelle or any other flushable wipes to help them feel fresh all day? I heard that your not suppose to use them even though i use them all the time i still question it.

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 7:40 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Why shouldn't we use them?

Answer by admckenzie at 6:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Just use them when you poop then!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My mom told me all through growing up that stuff like bubble bath can cause infections. My daughter’s urologist told me to use unscented wipes. As for the flushable bath room wipes, here is my best partially educated guess as to why we aren’t supposed to use them all the time….

1- maybe the leave us too wet and the wetness encourages bacterial growth
    2- maybe if they are scented, they can cause irritation with a lot of use
    3- maybe they can make our PH level down there unbalanced, which could cause problems
    4- maybe they kill the good bacteria (natural) and let bacteria we don’t want get out of control

I haven’t used them, but currently have a 3yo girl and a 4yo boy that I am trying to teach to self-wiping skills and I'm thinking of trying them. At the moment, the boy is doing better, but the girl needs a little extra help because she is not doing a good enough job to keep her self from getting itchy down the
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I have also wondered if they will eventually clog the septic pipes since they don't disolve as quickly as toilet paper does.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2010