how accurate is Dollar Tree pregnancy test?

I have the PMS/ early pregnancy signs, and late 9 days and counting. i took a test about 4 days after my missed period and it came back neg. i'm also breastfeeding a 7 month old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• www.peeonastick.com has charts for the sensitivities of various HPTs

http://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/dollartree.html shows that they have a sensitivity of 25 mIU. Basically, the lower the number, the higher the sensitivity.

Hope that helps. Check out the links though, they're very informative.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 9:12 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• For me it's been right every time. I have four kids.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 7:43 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• the dollar store brand has been correct for me too every time...i will also have 4 kids soon...have 3 now. But with this preg. it didnt give me a positive result until i was about 6 weeks preg. I had 2 neg results first. But the first test i used the Equate brand HPT.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• they didn't work for my sister. it came back three times postive so i bought her a real test and it was neg. and she wasn't pregnant.
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 9:08 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I've never tried doing a pregnancy test from a actual "Dollar Tree" BUT in California, they have a large chain store like the DT called ".99 cents Only" and for all three of my kiddos, I did one of theirs and ALL three of them were very actuate. I of course was always sceptical of doing such a cheap but important test so I would also do the expensive brands from our local drug store to ease our minds before making that first doctors appointment BUT they all read the same thing ....... "POSITIVE!"
    Meshane

Answer by Meshane at 11:08 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I think they are just as accurate if you bought it from walmart or where ever.
    momof386

Answer by momof386 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• They're generally pretty accurate. Breastfeeding can throw off your periods, so it's hard to really expect it to be regular. You can keep checking, but I doubt that you are pregnant if it is still negative.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• they are fine if u are far enough along, they always worked with me but not my friend. wait a couple days (i know it is hard) and then test again
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 1:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• been right for me and i have 3 kids
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 3:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I've always used store brand tests and they have always been accurate. That's 5 kids (6 pregnancies).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2010