Do you shop at thrift stores? How often?

I went thrift store shopping this weekend, and took my dd and her friend along . Someone pointed out to me that I should have thought before doing that, and frankly I am a little puzzled. I would appreciate your input.

artC1s

Asked by artC1s at 8:14 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Shopping

• We have a great thrift store in our area. We go every once in a while. It's amazing what you can find that is like new or new. I wash anything that we get. Ours also has great things for the home too! The best part is the money all goes to a reputable charity.
    javabuzz

Answer by javabuzz at 9:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• There is a Goodwill store near me. I stop by when I have some cash. Just yesterday I got 3 books for $1. There are some things I will not buy like stuffed toys or anything I can't wash or disinfect. This past Christmas I got several pretty cloth ribbons and a couple of table cloths and got plenty of compliments for them. I didn't hide the fact that I got it at goodwill. As long as I don't buy old socks and undies, I have no problem swallowing my pride and buying second hand stuff. And there have been plenty of times when I have found items with the tags still on them. So look close and you just might get. And even when I buy new from a department store, I still wash the items. Did you know that some of those big expensive stores put back returned and used items back on the shelves? I heard about it on the news. Buyer beware.
    saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 10:00 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• We go a few times a year

Answer by rkoloms at 8:30 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I go but it creeps me out a little. I am scared of bugs and stuff so I wash everything when I get home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I go to Goodwill weekly. i love the 99 cent rack and the clearanced books!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I go to thrift stores from time to time. I dont have a problem using or wearing used items if they are nice, but I'm not a big shopper and I dont like sifting through every item looking for one or two dicent things. Actually the good will by me has some kind of deal worked out with Target and they get items that havn't sold. I have been able to pick up sime nice NEW items for my dd there.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I love thrift stores. I've gotten some really nice stuff at thrift stores, and I always wash it before I wear it. I love the clearance books and stuff though too.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 9:07 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• No. We buy new only.
    AutymsMommy

Answer by AutymsMommy at 9:16 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Yes I would,and about every week I do.I don't have that kind of money to be sheeling out for new clothes all the time.I don't think I've ever bought Marissa any new cllothes at the store,it's all been used clothes.welcome spring.gif

cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Yes, as often as possible.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 21, 2010