Are you friends with your child's friends parents? Do the children consider you a friend of their own?

One of my dd's friends declared that I am her friend too. I never thought of it that way, but it opens up the topic.

artC1s

Asked by artC1s at 8:16 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I am friends with a couple of my son's friends parents. That happens when kids are friends since Kindergarten and have played baseball in the same league for 6 years. There is a group of us that are friends. I don't know if the kids consider the parents friends, but they do talk to us and ask for advice. The boys all laugh when baseball starts because they know the parents will be chatting and not paying attention to the games!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• as a miidlle schooler and young high schooler my sister and i were friends with two girls from my sisteres cheerleading team and consdered their mom, the coach, a friend as well we used ot have so much fun together one weekend we took off and went down to tennessee just out of the blue (my mom had to work) but our moms became friends as well
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I'm friends with one of her friend's moms because I've known her most of my life (21 years and we were best friends growing up). The others I'm either acquainted with or don't really know. Most of their friends live on our block so I know them from around the neighborhood. The others from school I don't know because I don't see them except when I pick the kids up.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2010