Have you ever not told anyone about a pregnancy?

have you ever got pregnant and just decided to not tell anyone they would find out when they figured it out. just because you didn't want to be bothered by other peoples comments on it?

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 8:38 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• omg! that's me. i thought i was prego last month and i was sooo happy but of coarse i knew what my in-laws would have said and i didn't want to go through all that DRAMA. but before i could decide what to do i found out i wasn't. but the more i think of it the more i would have told them because it's my baby not theirs and i don't really care anymore what their opinion is.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• No, I told everybody, but I wished I hadn't told some of them because of the stuff they said. My mom says, what, so soon? We'd been married 2 1/2 years when I got preggo, for Gawd's sake!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• That's not why, but we never did tell my husband's parents about my last pregnancy. With our first, my MIL took it upon herself to announce it to the entire family in her Christmas letter. We didn't want it to be public yet, and she blabbed it to the whole family so we never got to announce it. The second time, we decided to wait until after Christmas to tell them. We told my parents at Thanksgiving. After Christmas, I kept telling my husband we should probably tell his parents, but he didn't want to. We got into February and I reminded him again. Then he said we should wait until after our 20 week ultrasound to tell them. Around that time, my MIL found out from a friend of MY family and flipped out on ME because my parents knew and they didn't.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:59 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• With my first, I waited to tell people until my second trimester. It was tricky though because I was at a new job and very vomitous. I think by the time I told my principal and coworkers, they already knew.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Yep. 4 times now. When I was pregnant with my 3rd we were living with my dad and I never told him. I assumed he figured it out but we were barely on speaking terms because of the way he treated me when I was pregnant with #2 and how he was treating that child.
    Then when I was pregnant with #4 I didn't tell any family until I was like 26 weeks (my in-laws) and didn't tell my dad until the day after the baby was born because he just happened to call me while I was in the hospital.
    With my 5th pregnancy I told no one IRL. My dad found out when I miscarried because he had to watch the kids while I was in the ER all night.
    I'm now like 23/24 weeks along with my 5th child and haven't told my dad or our kids or any other family members. I'm just not in the mood to deal with their crap. If I tell the kids they will tell my dad.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• With this pregnancy I kind of let my family figure it out. I have heard nothing but b!tching since they found out. With my last 3 pregnancies my boyfriend hasn't told his family for a while.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 1:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2010