What did you do for morning sickness?

Im 6 weeks and 5 days prego, with baby #3=-). I did not have morning sickness with my other two and I am getting really dizzy in the morning. Is there anything you did that help with this? Everything I have tried so far hasnt helped =-( I would be so greatful for anyadvice. Thanks in advance Graice.

Twowildboys

Asked by Twowildboys at 8:39 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• chamomile tea
    ginger tea
    peppermint tea
    licorice root tea
    sea sickness wrist bands

Mostly, time.

Congratulations on your new family member!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• sipped room temp water and layed still.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Sliced fresh cucumber, as odd as it sounds, worked wonders for my morning sickness with both kids.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 9:06 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• saltine crackers
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My doc Rx'd phenergan and zofran for my second pregnancy. I was too sick to care for my older child. Those meds helped immensely.  Phenergan can make you sleepy (but its inexpensive) so I would take it when my husband was home or at night.  I saved the zofran (which can be pricy, depending on your Rx coverage) so I saved it for the really bad days I was home alone with my toddler. 

karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Put crackers and Ginger Ale next to your bed, so you can nibble on the crackers before getting up. I also took Zofran the whole 9 months, cause I was sick ALL the time.... And it was the only thing that helped, they even gave it to me in the IV during delivery to keep me from puking...
    It also helped to always eat a little something instead of big portions and not eating too late and too heavy.....Other than that you just have to wait it out I guess. Since it happened to me with my first, I don't know what I'd o if it gets that bad with my second especially since I have a toddler.... Good luck and COngrats
    Spatz03

Answer by Spatz03 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• For the dizziness, I got up very slowly, and gave myself time to adjust. For the nausea, I ate peeled apple. I hope this helps you, and congratulations on your newest blessing!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Suck on some mints!! That worked for my nausea w/ my last pregnancy and i'm hoping it will work with this one as well! GL
    Stefani22

Answer by Stefani22 at 1:42 AM on Mar. 22, 2010