Question about prescription dosage

My pill bottle says "Take 1 tablet by mouth once a daily for 1 week then increase to 1 tablet by mouth twice a day"

Is it telling me to take 2 tablets or take 1 and cut it?

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 9:26 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Health

• 2 daily
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:30 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Call the drug store and ask..When it is not crystal clear always call. Some meds can be dangerous if taken too much.. It sounds like 1 tab a day for a week and then the second week 1 tab twice a day...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:59 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• 1 tablet a day for the first week, then 2 tablets a day for the second week.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:05 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• One tablet each day for one week, then increase to one tablet twice a day (2 pills a day). Don't take the two tablets at the same time.. Should be one in the morning and one in the evening. The first week is a lower dose to get you use to the medication. (I'm a pharmacy tech) HTH!
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 10:08 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• oops.I have been taking 2 at a time :/ I feel silly lol

Thanks ladies :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:16 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Take 1 tablet by mouth once a daily for 1 week...

after one week ....then increase to 1 tablet by mouth twice a day ( 1 tablet twice a day.... usually one in the AM, one in the PM.)

If you have ANY questions call your pharmacist... they are the experts on this encourage phone calls!!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2010