Are all of my Christian friends liars and weak?

Since I am a "non" Christian, and my friends are all Christian, are they only trying to get me to worship their God?
And am I so much of a threat to their beliefs, that they really don't want to be my friend, but are willing to "risk" it in order to save me?
If my Christian friends call me their best friend, is this just a ploy to get me to trust them so that maybe one day I'll join them in their religious views? Should I not kid myself and believe that they truly enjoy me for the person that I am?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• How can anyone but you know? Anyway, sounds like you don't really consider these people your friends, Pretty nasty way to talk about a "friend"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• LOL, no. In my experience Christians tend to put that sort of message out there right up front. If they don't, and you are friends with them it's not likely that they have an anterior motive. They like you, they really do ;-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Um, I was told last night by a christian on here that their main point of befriending a non christian is to bring them closer to god. THat otherwise they try to avoid non christians b/c they are of satan.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I'm Christian and that's ridiculous. God made all people in His image, we are all "of" God whether we choose to follow His word or not. He allows us to make that choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I am friends with my many non-Christians because I like them as people. Accepting Christ is their choice.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:00 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• No. I'm christian and I had all non christian friends in HS! I wasn't thier friend to convert them and vice versa. I think there may be some extremest christians that might be someones friend just to do that. But there are a lot of christians in the world, so assuming you met them at work or play groups or whatever and they don't all go to the same church, i'd think it's safe to say they didn't target you as a potential convert to thier church lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Hun, you can't take what some Christians here say to heart. I am sure your Christian friends like you for the great person you are.

Answer by older at 10:05 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Time will tell. In the mean time play it cool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I had a few friends drop me as a friend because I wouldn't go to their church and church related activities.They dropped off the face of the earth practically til I found one on fb,but he's still standoffish to me.I am not a bad woman by any mean.never was. There was no other reason to unfriend me except that I didn't practice organized religion.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• A real friend is always there for you no matter what their faith or lack of is. I also believe as a Christian that we have the responsibility to share our faith in a loving way to others, but there's always a right time and place for it too, but if we didn't care and I'm speaking for myself I wouldn't bother to share. Not all Christians are like the person or persons you described OP, just wanted you to know that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Mar. 21, 2010