What crazy things did you do while in labor?

For me there were a few.

1. When given the I've pain medicine I could not stop telling everyone how much I loved them, including my nurse.
2. After a painful exam I told a nurse if she touched me again I would kick her in the face, but she was rude to me every time she came in.
3. I didn't get an epi and right before time to push I was hurting so bad that I could feel every thread of stitching in my gown, removed it, and delivered butt ass naked.

With my first pregnancy I remember I got the epi and during pushing could not stop yelling how weird it felt. The doctor was laughing so hard he almost fell off the stool. According to DH at one time the doc was laughing so hard he almost started crying.

Anyone else?

MoM.i.aM

Asked by MoM.i.aM at 10:21 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• haha at you threatening the nurse, for 2 out of 3 of my kids I DID hit the nurse! LOL first one got kicked across the room for grabbing my foot with the ingrown toenail, the second got punched backwards into the monitors for holding the external heart/contraction monitor on my belly after I told her it was hurting and I wanted it off. They put the monitor on his head after that
    luckily with baby #3, I got the epi pretty early and was in heaven and had the best labor experience ever with her.

Baby #3 was funny. When it came time to push, her head came out and splashed the nurse, doctor and my husband ALL over including in the faces with amniotic fluid that was behind her. I could NOT stop laughing at them all! :D The nurse told me to push, I was like "I can't stop laughing to push!" The laughing worked as pushing though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• This time DS shot out like a rocket and DH look like he came from a war zone.
    MoM.i.aM

Answer by MoM.i.aM at 10:31 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• WELL THEY GAVE ME PAIN MEDICINE TO AND I TOLD DH NOT TO TOUCH ME, I FELT SO GOOD!

THEY WHEN THEY GAVE ME THE EPI I HAD MY FACE BURIED IN THE NURSES BOOBS AND KEPT COMPLEMENTING HER NECKLACE AND TRIED TO TURN AROUND LOOK AT THE NEEDLE ( SHE WOULDN'T LET ME THOU)

THEN WHEN I WAS PUSHING MY THROAT KEEP MAKING THIS WEIRD NOISE CAUSE IT WAS SO DRY,IT WAS REALLY BOTHERING ME TO !

ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• While I was pushing with my first...the Dr asked if a student Dr could come in and watch his first delivery.

I was so doped up on drugs I was like "sure, I guess I give peep shows" After he came in I kept saying things like that to him...like "guess you wont ever want another girl again huh? LOL....he was very young and was just laughing.

I also pooped and threw up everywhere...but thats not funny...just gross...hahahahaha!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I was so exhausted, I begged DH and my nurse to let me go home, I promised to come back the next day.

When I was dealing with a contraction, I got a shot of pain meds, and my DH poked his head in to see if it was over( he can't handle needles). I yelled to him to "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE AND DON'T COME BACK!"

When our son was crowning, my DH told me "He has red hair, Hon!" My response~ "Poor kid!" Our son comes from a long line of redheads.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:42 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I walked to the corner store while actively contracting and 7cm dilated because I wanted orange juice. (I had planned a home birth, so I was home anyway.)

LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I also remember asking DH to punch me as hard as he could to knock me out. He refused to my dissapointment.
    MoM.i.aM

Answer by MoM.i.aM at 10:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Lokismama tops the cake atm
    MoM.i.aM

Answer by MoM.i.aM at 10:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• that made me remember i was pushing and the nurse wassayingi seehim he has darkhair. i stopped pushing!what? he shouldbefair....yeh they are now. it's been awhile buteverythingwentfastandwell igot to thehospitalat 6pm hadthemby 5am been2.5yrs since nowi wish theywere back in :)
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 10:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I drove myself to the hospital while in full-blown labor with my son. When I got there the dr would not give me an epi but told me he could give me tylenol ,I told him no thanks I would go home to get that.
    cmissamy

Answer by cmissamy at 11:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2010