HC mandate campares to Auto insurance mandate?

I think not. Let me set you who insist this is so straight. See, there are many ,many people who don't even own a car and some who don't drive. Some by choice, some to young or to old. These people are not forced to have auto insurance.You are not forced to have a car, therfore you are not forced to have insurance.

If you don't want to have healthcare insurance for whatever reason you will still be forced to do it. Maybe you are healthy, can pay for your own healthcare or wish to use holistic care. Maybe you can't afford it. Now you will have to pay for it even if you don't want it. You will be forced to get this insurance with threat of a fine or jail if you can't pay up. This is your difference. a Huge difference Can't compare it.

This bill takes away your freedom of choice and forces you to pay for something you may not want to use. This bill is unconstitutional. Period
Get it now?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree totally! I cant stand it when people try to compare the two types of insurance!

But I have never thought about people who dont believe in health care...who want to use holistic care or believe that God will help them and refuse care.

What are they gonna do, allow some people to opt out due to religious beliefs or somthing?

If they dont, wont people be able to sue for discrimination?

Wow, thats a can of worms they might not see coming!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• This is going to blow up in their faces and they just haven't realized it yet.

I'll be totally fucked if they pass this, personally. I have a car, and have car insurance (because i have to have a way to transport my kids in an emergency). I can't even pay my car insurance, and they're going to want to tack another bill on top of the ones that I already can't afford. Might as well put me in jail now.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:45 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• your comparison would make sense except the fact that while everyone does not have a car and doesn't need car insurance, EVERYONE has a body that needs taken care of.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Yes, and it's and individual's choice as to how to care for that body. Not the government's job.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• EXACTLY, anony 10:46
    I can't understand why some have such difficulty getting this concept.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• CHOICE being the operative word.

And LokisMama, the ass backwards part of this whole thing is that if they put you in jail you are automatically given FREE healthcare.  How does that make sense?  I believe Obama said a while back that the reason people aren't heavily in favor of this brand of reform is because they haven't don't a good enough job of explaining it to the public.  That's still the case, except they seem to have forgotten to explain it all to show us how much better off we will all be.  How patronizing.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:51 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I agree... I should be the one to choose how I am cared for, if I don't want insurance, which I don't, I shouldn't be forced to have it. I don't use doctors, medications or other unnatural medicine, and I shouldn't have to pay for everyone else too... On the very off chance that I do use those things I have no problem paying cash. Again, I should have that right!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:51 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Yes, its an individuals responsiblity, but many are UNABLE or unwilling to live up to this.
    So, when a crisis occurs and they can't pay, it gets passed on to ME!

Be responsilble, everyone needs health care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I think a better way of reform is to get rid of the insurance companies all together. People never used to pay for insurance, they would pay the doctor directly for their services. If they needed to go to the doc, they paid. If they had to go to the hospital, they paid or worked out a payment schedule. Insurance companies have caused the rise in policy prices. We need tor reform and abolish the insurance industry. Pay Go.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• So, when a crisis occurs and they can't pay, it gets passed on to ME!

This bill doesn't change that fact.  It just make you pay up front for those that can't or won't. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2010