What's going to happen with Medicaid after the Health Care Bill had passed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Medicaid will be expanded. The federal government will cover the cost of the expansion for the first few years, and then the increased cost will be passed to the states. Poor states with low tax revenues and large poor populations will be hurt the worst.

Medicaid currently has the lowest across-the-board payment rate in the country. While many people will be now eligible for Medicaid who weren't before, in many areas they will have difficulties finding a doctor who is willing to take them. In my area, doctors offices already limit the amount of Medicaid patients they are willing to take. In areas with doctor shortages, the problem will most likely be worse.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I have no idea, but I think it is stupid if you ask me
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• If it passes, Medicaid will be expanded but the payout to Dr's and Drig coverage will be decreased. This is the funny math Dimwitted Democrats used to justify "savings"... What will happen? Most likely more Drs will refuse to take new Medicaid patients and more drug stores will refuse to cover Medicaid. Then the Dimwitted Dems will either vote to increase payments, which will then NOT save the US money, and will COST more... Or they will blame the greedy professionals for refusing to lose money on covering Medicaid...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2010