These Are the Kind of People We Want Running/Repping the U.S.?

This is just so disgusting. And don't give me that crap about how "not all of us against it are like that." I know that, but let me tell you something...
EVERY SINGLE PERSON I've come across, who's against it as well, has talked almost the same way. Makes me sick. Why can't you people against it just be civil? Scream your opposition, how it would hurt America, if that's your opinion, but leave the personal attacks out of it.
Link in reply below.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 11:04 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:04 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• There's always a some bad apples in every group.

So, let's kill the whole movement because of it?

No.
    What about the good people who care about the issue.
    The good, decent, hard working tax payer, or Grandma.
    Shut them down.
    Don't tbe small minded.
    You won't get your free health care, so don't get too excited.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:09 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I'm against this bill but always try to be respectful and hope for the same in return. Negative generalizations, regardless of what side of an issue someone is on, only hurts their position. Try to look past that to glean whatever good there is . I hope to educate myself on issues and be aware of all the pros as well as the cons.
    cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 11:21 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• So a few people say something racist and suddenly all in the group are bad? My neighbors were arrested last year for spitting on soldiers when they came home from war. They made threats as well. They are die hard Progressive Democrats and are still proud of what they did to our troops coming home. By the logic of some on here I should assume all Democrats are vile like my neighbors.lol Thankfully, I am intelligent enough to not do this and I have many lovely friends who are Democrats and can express their views without hate. I don't buy for a second every tea party person you have met is like this most I know are angry with both Republicans and Democrats and are sick of not being heard. You might want to look within yourself and see the blind hatred you might have in your heart towards those you disagree with. Tolerance is not always easy for everyone.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Really...EVERY SINGLE person you have come across talks this way? I am against the bill and I have NEVER in my LIFE used that kind of language My mother would KILL me!!! My mother, who by the way, is ALSO against this bill. And as MOST poll have the MAJORITY of Americans against this bill (unless you visit msnbc and even THEY have it 50/50) you are say that 50% OR MORE of ALL American behave this way?? THATs just ridiculous. For the love of God Night. You make very well thought out arguments most of the time but this is just silly.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Have you ever been to a rally ? there people there just to start trouble.

This has happen with most all rallies, here and around the world. People are put there to make that group look bad.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:58 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• OP, Are you saying that the other side doesn't do this sh*t? Or are you saying it's only horrible because the other side does it? It's unnacceptable from ANYONE. No matter the side. There are always a few extremists at a protest. Do they represent the WHOLE movement? Left or Right, DO they? Should we remind you of SEIU thugs who hit a black man in support of the tea parties?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• NightPhoenix, you and I are both homeschoolers. People will say rude things like "Your kids will be ignorant and unsocialized" or "All homeschoolers are religious fanatics who deny evolution". Those people are ignorant. They are generalizing and making judgments based on something they saw on TV, rumors, or maybe the one oddball family they have come across.

Please don't do the same thing.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• they are trying discredit the "tea parties' Both parties do not like us, Because we do have all of the other parities in this group. It is people who believe in a" smaller Government", "be taxed less"

Has not a thing to do with Obama, color or what ever.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2010