I want to do more research on Melaleuca Products...

I know a number of people who are with this company, but before I spend money on what I believe are overly priced products I want to know they are greener than what I already use. Which I don't believe they are. But I want to give it a fair try since these are friends...

Is there a website or anything that can give me that info? I know of one for cosmetics but not anything for this kind of product line.

The only sites I found so far are all run by Melaleuca and I want an unbiased source...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• ok well i worked with mel for 3 month i only liked a few of the products but like the cleaners are all strong and i think its a waste of money. because 80 a month is a lot when i usually just buy air freshner.. i was having to buy stuff i didnt use..heck i quick in june and still have cleaner left.. i would find myself just buying toothbrushes and soap for the schools and stuff like that just so spend enough.. never treid the makeup but i heard it was good.. the kids shampoo smells and works just like johnsons baby i even did a side by side test.. crazy..plus some of the stuff i got didnt even have an ingredients list so you never know if its truely all natural.. but the soluguard was so strong it set off my asthma when i used it..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• ya i kinda agree with anon :23 i had a few issues with some of the products..i gt out of that and i tried to get the "money back" from joining and they wouldnt give it.. kinda stupid but o well its just 30$.. im doing something else now thats so better and i actually am getting leads without spamming and having to call 1000 people a day like i did when i as with them..i never got one recruit because they would hear that they would have to buy product themselves.. maybe i just had a bad experience but luckily im not the only one but i have friends who love them and do great at the business..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• A few years back I was with one of the Mela Teams. I spent 7 months with the company and never made a dime. I spent on average of $65 - $75 a month on products and I was highly allergic to most of the ones I tried. I have used "green products" from a number of other company and have never had this issue.

If you want to check out the products here is a link to the store...
    http://www.melaleuca.com/ProductStore/ProductStore.aspx

IMO, it's a waste of money... Use Clorox Green or Natures Source... They are just as good and much much cheaper!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Good luck finding out the true ingredients.

This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
    ¼ cup white vinegar
    ¾ cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (antiseptic and smells nice)

Answer by rkoloms at 12:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• If you don't believe in the products I wouldn't join. I have never been with Mel. but did look into it once. I don't think I could ever use that much in products in a month. It will be hard to promote a business if you don't believe in what they offer.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• i am with mela and i love it. Ive made close to $1000 in 6 months. is every single one of their products cheaper then what you can get at the store? no. the shampoo is slightly more expensive, so is the cereal. The make-up is more of a clinque quality, but cheaper, but definitely not as cheap as cover girl. All of their cleaners are concentrated to help you save money. You can buy a concentrated bottle of cleaner for 5.69 and what you do is pour an inch of the cleaning solution into the bottom of the empty bottle (you can also purchase these from them and just re-use it. thats what i do. its like $1) and then you fill the rest with water. when its empty, you just do the same thing again. so you actually end up getting 6 bottles of cleaner for 5.69, which is really very inexpensive, ESPECIALLY compared to other natural cleaners. im running out of space, feel free to message me if you want it straight. i dont sugar coat anything
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 1:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Honestly I use 50/50 water and white vinegar as my all purpose cleaner. A spray bottle full costs PENNIES and cleans just as good as any cleaner you buy in stores or catalogs, plus vinegar is a natural anti-bacterial agent!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I would never work w/ Mel! I got suckered into joining the business, and I know its my fault for not researching it enough, but be careful. You can get screwed more ways than one!
    Anonymous

• I work on one of the Teams and I have been for 8 mths and replaced my monthly income. I am always busy. I have had fewer health issues since I have used their products. Yes they are green products! Everything is 100% guaranteed so if you dont like the products or what ever the reason is you can return them and get your money back. NO BIG DEAL
    The people who have had problems with Melaleuca didnt read all of the terms and hoops to go through to quit their memberships or to actually make income. I have replaced my day job income. BUT YOU HAVE TO WORK to get paid! DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST!
    Anonymous