Why do white people claim they are not racist against Obama, and yet they do THIS?

Read for details:

http://www.aolnews.com/healthcare/article/raucous-ugly-build-up-to-house-health-care-vote/19407962?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl1|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fhealthcare%2Farticle%2Fraucous-ugly-build-up-to-house-health-care-vote%2F19407962

I'm obviously not referring to all white people, but it seems like the very same ones who claim they don't oppose Obama because he is black are the ones who use the N-word in reference to black people.

Comments? And please don't try to justify what these white people said. There's no justification for ANY sort of racism EVER. I don't care if you're white, mexican, asian, black, or whatever. Racism against another race is wrong, and shouldn't even factor into a political decision.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• They claim to not be racist and then do this because they are so far gone (racist, ignorant, and stupid) that they don't even know how racist they're being or how stupid they sound. The rationalize in their minds that they're just being taken out of context, or that it was meant to be a joke, or that they're just saying/screaming what everyone else is thinking. In short - they are so withdrawn and removed from reality that they don't even know what normal is. They're the same people who start out sentences with "I'm not a racist but..." and whatever follows directly translates into "but I'm a total racist."
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Trolling for drama?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• There is no justification they are bad people those specific people did something wrong not the whole group. Most in the tea party are not racist and don't care that Obama is black. Most are angry at both parties for not listening to the people who elected them.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• *shrug* People are stupid, panicky animals in a large group.

I'm glad I'm not anywhere near there right now though. I'm afraid that if the healthcare reform passes, it's going to get very ugly and possibly very bloody. I'm fairly scared about what's going to happen.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 11:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My, what a broad brush you paint with! I don't use those words, they are ugly. A black woman asked me something about 'my people' once and I thought it was one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I think most people need to grow a thicker skin. I don't defend that ugly talk, but I think we all take ourselves a little too serious. By the way, I am white but I prefer to call myself and American. I don't need to hyphenate because I don't want to segregate myself from society into a subgroup. I find that far more disparaging than being called a name.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Some people are just...stupid. They're like lemmings, one does something and the rest follow.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:53 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Of sweet jesus.....So I guess AAAALLLLLLL Dems HATE the soldiers because I FEW wack job IDIOTS stand outside of recruiting stations and airports and spit on them and call them ugly names. I would post this question ANON too! its just THAT stupid. AND there is NO proof that this ACTUALLY happened IS there?? And in this day where EVERYTHING is caught on video I find that a LITTLE sus[pect...dont YOU??? NO PROOF.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• OP

"My, what a broad brush you paint with!"

I clearly said not ALL whites are racist. My daughter's father is white. He is definitely not a racist. And I'm sure MOST white people are not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I'm taking my children and moving to Canada. America is one the most racist nations in the world. "Libery and justice for all"?? Yeah, ok. Only if you're a middle-aged white man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Move to Sweden or Belgium. They're pretty tolerant over there in Europe :)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:58 AM on Mar. 21, 2010