Why does everyone keep saying FREE

Health car will not be FREE. We will pay for it with additional taxes weather we use it or not.

voni681

Asked by voni681 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Taxes and fines.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• If you pay no net income tax.

However, you're right, nothing in life is free.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:54 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Why does everyone keep saying FREE

Because those DEPENDENT on the government will have LESS (if any) financial obgligation. Middle class will be the ones who hurt. In some ways this bill brings people DOWN, away from working their way up through the middle class. It increases entitled to receive more from big ole Nanny Obama and Pelosi. It creates a bigger divide from the wealthy and the non-wealthy... Which is what Dems need in order surivive. This isn't about health care. This is a special interest and deal filled bill that increases entitlement which in turn increases the Democratic vote.  If they cared about healthcare they wouldn't have had to make the deals to get people to vote for it.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I have never heard anyone say it would be free
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 12:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I am completely agree with grly. That is EXACTLY what it is.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I don't thinkanyone would ever say truthfully that it is FREE. Nope. And while we all gripe about paying taxes, we need to remember that we are paying for many valuable benefits. I don't mind sharing...when I pay my quarterly estimated tax payments and file in April, I know my taxes are contributing to my community,my state and the nation, not just ME. It is important that we all stop being self centered and learn that we are all in this thing together.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• If this health care "reform" bill passes, A LOT of middle class Americans who can't afford to buy insurance are going to be FORCED to buy it or be fined and/or jailed. A LOT of middle class Americans are going to be financially ruined. Great bill!!!
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I thought you were done with CM, lindalu. I guess you just can't stay away. LOL
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• It is important that we all stop being self centered and learn that we are all in this thing together.

Wouldn't another definition of self centered be the sweetheart deals that HAD to be made in order to twist arms to get this thing passed?  Why did $100 million in Medicaid money be given JUST TO Tennessee and soon after Gordon switched his vote?  So, then other states don't get a deal unless they hold out long enough?  RIGHT... Sure Linda, this deal is NOT for the nation as a whole.  It's an op for the Democrats to make deals, bribes, and gimmicks to pass their special interest filled agenda... Wake up..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Linda, is this self centered?

A $1 billion research subsidy for drug companies will be greatly beneficial to the biotech industry, particularly in New Jersey.. Guess what ? New JerseySen. Bob Menendez made his vote a YES!

Aren't drug companies one of the evil ones? But they are CATERED to in this bill... Who's self centered?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2010