I DONT GET IT

SO IF YOU HAVE(HEALTH) INSURANCE YOU PAY A MONTHLY (MAYBE EVEN WEEKLY) PREMIUM ....THEN WHEN YOU GO TO THE DOCTOR /HOSPITAL YOU HAVE TO PAY A CO-PAY AND WHAT EVER ELSE INSURANCE DIDN'T COVER ! SO SOME PEOPLE STOP GOING TO THE DOCTOR ETC BECAUSE THE CANT AFFORD THESE CO-PAYS ETC, BUT IF YOU HAVE MEDICAID YOU PAY FOR NOTHING. YET WE SIT THERE AND BUST OUR BUTS TO PAY FOR OUR INSURANCE WHEN WE CANT EVEN USE IT .....WHATS THE POINT IN HAVING INSURANCE IF YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY ON TOP OF ALREADY PAYING EACH MONTH ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't have an answer, but I do hear you. We work very hard for everything we have and there are days I would just like to pack it in and not have to work so hard and get the benefits, sounds bad but some days it's frustrating. Hang in there and be proud of what you are doing for yourself and your family.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 12:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I understand what you're saying... My Hubby is self employed and we pay a hefty premium every month, and worry it will go up at anytime. We have a co-pay and still owe 2000.00 on a surgery I had to have.. Where's the logic in that? I don't know. I only go to the Dr once ever 2 yrs for a pap, and regular checkup because of the co-pays etc. I take our boys only when they run a fever over 3 days, or they have something I just can't take care of at home. Not just for the sniffles. It seems the people on medicaid take their kids in for every reason under the sun. Sorry, not bashing, just stating a fact. I'm glad their children have the ability to go to the Dr. But if people would realize that the more people take their children on medicaid to the Dr. for no reason, or a simple cold, it's driving up the cost to the taxpayers.. It's a lose lose situation.. IMO anyway...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• oh oh or how people without insurance go to the er.. if you cant afford 50 a week how are you gana afford a 1000 bill just for visiting for an hour.. but also i know 5/10 people who are on medicaid do drugs and rather pend their money on that then actually good healthcare that they should pay for! thats why im one of those people who says yes to drug testing once a month for fs and medicaid.. i was on it once when i was divorced and i hated having to use peoples money because i couldnt afford to go to work because of the kids.. i was glad to get off of that.. but then i realized i was the only one buying real food with the fs and had money left every month unlike my sis in law who buys microwave dinners and crab legs and steaks ans then has none left to survive but again they also are the ones who spend 50 a week on marijuana..
    Anonymous

• I took a large pay cut this year and we didn't have health insurance through our employers so we had no choice but to get rid of our insurance. We never went to the doctor much anyways and I hope nothing happens to my husband and I before we have it back. Since we have no insurance supplied by our employers we were able to put our child on medicaid. I still pay a monthly premium for him ($34 per month based on our income) and he doesn't go to the doctor unless it is necessary. I think there are some people regardless of their insurance that take their kids to the doctor for every ache and pain.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe in health insurance. If you can't pay for it, do get it done. Simple as that. I have a HSA and a discount plan. We put less than $200 a month in to healthcare and have more than enough to cover anything we might need... Our discount plan comes with a hospital program which allows us to pay the minimum amount needed for any surgery or emergency services. My aunt has the same plan we do and when she had her heart attack last year it only cost her $300 for everything... Why would anyone have insurance? I just don't get it!
    Anonymous