Have you used the fragrance essential oils from Walmart? Are these oils the same as the more expensive essential oils which are usually found online or in specialty shops?

I just found some (fragrance) essential oils at Walmart and was wondering if they are the same as the essential oils found online or in specialty shops? If so, do the Walmart oils work as well as the higher priced oils? If they are not the same, what is the difference other than the price? Also, I noticed in one of the forums some of the replies said to make sure they were essential oils and not just fragrance oils. I am pretty certain the label said these were "fragrance essential oils" but what is the difference between the two?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I can only speak on what I bought. I got "concentrated fragrance oil"...and the company is Elegant Expressions. Its the kind of oil you add to an oil warmer or potporri. I will never buy it again because it has a high content of alcohol that you can really smell when you take off the aluminum seal and when you burn it. It doesn't compare to what I buy from the Body Shop.
    I don't know if thats the kind you are talking about...but if not you may just have to buy it and see.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• There is a HUGE difference in essential oils and fragrance oils.

Fragrance oils are generally synthetic. They are artificially created fragrances and they contain artificial substances. They are not for consumption.

Essential Oils are naturally occurring substances found in different parts of plants - the blossom, fruit, leaf, stem, bark, wood or resin. Through a complicated and often expensive process of steam distillation or solvent extraction, both hydrosol and essential oils are produced.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2010