do you like your MIL why/why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• she's ok.....she never calls us, unless her truck needs repairs, she never comes to visit, she never sends SO birthday cards or calls us to give us a heads up on whats going on for the holiday....but when we do all hang out she's a lot of fun
    Anonymous

• Yes. Since she's living with us it is almost a must, but she is fun, carefree, and loves life. She is 89 and wheelchair bound. She raised 6 boys and never lost her sense of humor. I hope I can be like her at her age. My mother is the same age and is just a miserable person.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 1:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• No. I will be nice to her but I have no respect for her and if she is rude, she will get it back. She doesn't call, visit or anything. She was so excited about her grandchild but never sees her or asks how shes doing. She lives around the corner, drives by daily and doesnt even look over here. I know its because her son was her baby and he moved on and made a family and she hates me for that but oh well. Im taking care of him better than she did.
    Anonymous

• Yes I do. Shes very relaxed, laid back, and easygoing. Shes very easy to talk to and has a good sense of humor. We dont get to see her very often because we live in Ok. and dh parents live in KS. But when we do go up for the weekend we all have lots of fun.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 1:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• No because she is crazy. Does not like my kids and doesn't believe they are her sons, when I offered a dna she said she doesn't need it. She uses him and think he is her dh, and tells lies about us so she looks like a hero. Thank godness dh no longer has any thing to do with her. She shouldn't have tried to use him in a pawn for her divorce from his step dad who is more of a parent them her. I tried to keep him having a relationship w/ her because I don't think you should turn your back to family, but after the divorce trying to make him talk to her would cause my divorce.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Over the past 28 years, I've learned to love my MIL and she's done a lot for my three children. Although, I don't like that she favors my children (with her favorite son) over her other grandchildren. Initially, I thought she was rude and crude. I now realize that she's not going to change and is, frankly, just ghetto! Nevertheless, she has a warm, caring and loving heart. My oldest son chose to live with her and my Husband when I moved, with the youngest two, to another state. Every summer/fall break, I send the teenagers to live with them. My MIL recently both surprised and shocked me, by calling me long distance and saying "You're a great Mom and whatever you're doing to change, keep doing it. Praise God!" I realized then that every MIL probably doesn't believe that their son married "The One." There is no substitute for the wisdom that comes with experience. So live, learn and compromise. It's all about family.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 1:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Yes I like my MIL. It was difficult living with her for 3 months, but she's a very easy going, relaxed person. She is ALWAYS busy though around the house. She is up at 5, cooks a huge breakfast, kitchens clean by 7, then she's on to doing things like tidying up and doing laundry, then she gardens almost daily, and by the time 8PM comes she's in bed. She gives me advice on things, but she always says if its not going to work for me then just let her know, and if I don't want her advice to let her know. She's honestly really helped me out in becoming a better mom and wife. I am grateful to say that I do enjoy my MIL.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Well...I have a MIL and I a SMIL. I really like my MIL...I even call her Mom.
    My SMIL is another story. All she ever talks about is whats wrong with her ( she's a hypochondriac to the fullest extent) or her Birds. Her birds are her *children* she will do for them before her human family. She does nothing but complain all the time..and act very Bitchy. The thing that gets me is....deep down she has a good heart . You can see that with the things she will sometimes say or do. Unfortunately her *ugly* side outshines the * nice* side.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 2:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• We get alone great i love her she's fun to bs with sometimes she think she knows everything but its not bad i know she's older and knows more so i do take most of her advice because we both think the same way! she lives about 2 minutes from us so she comes get dd on "maw maw Monday s" and Thursdays lol which i dont expect her to do but she does cause she wants to and i love going pick up dd cause we all get along great!@
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• No. She is completely threatened by me and our children. It's the creepiest thing I've ever seen. She manipulates all the time and acts like my husband is really her husband. I want to vomit just thinking about the situation.
    Anonymous