What are you going to do when the healthcare bill passes?

I'm been watching both sides whining, debating and b**ching for the last week on here. So what are you going to do? Are you going to move to Canada? I know that was a big one during the election, but they have universal health care and it's cold. Move to Mexico? I sometimes think a nice house on the beach would be nice, but I guess there are downsides to that too?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm going to sit and be glad that I'm covered for life by the military because of injuries, and I'm possibly going to cry for those who cannot afford insurance and whose position I would be in if it weren't for the military retirement.
    Anonymous

• Save as much of my money as possible. My kids will be burdened with the entitlement debt someday. I need to do what I can to give them a BETTER future. Not the bleak, pricey one the Obama Administration is stting them up for.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Mexico is definatley a no go with all the murders going on.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 2:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I will watch as 30 states sue the federal government over it, as they can't pay to pave the roads and keep the schools open, let alone pay for the health care of all the ne'r do wells.

There goes the quality of your health care................right down the crapper.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I will start paying more taxes immediately and I will support any candidate that works on appealing this crime against our citizens.

Anonymous

• I don't want to be the liberal nutbag....I'm just asking. Do you think the current war we are in has chalked up some crazy debt? Why are we blaming Obama for all the debt? Do get all mad and self rightous I just want to know why it's different.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I dont know :( I am very worried. My house note JUMPED by $150 a MONTH this year because of ins. Apparently EVERYBODY having to buy homeowners ins on their homes has done NOTHING to decrease the cost. We are middle America. My Dh's gross income last year was under $70,000. We dont have a lot and we arent extravagant. We put a little aside in savings and drive older model vehicles. If this thing passes I am very worried at what will have to happen. I am sure we will be struggling because we will fall into the category that PAYS and gets little help but we are those people right on the line that WILL be struggling.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Sunshine, how much of that debt is from war and how much of that debt is from Obama's spending since he has been in office? Let's compare, shall we?

Anonymous

• Sunshine....are you advocating 2 wrongs make a right? I do not understand this argument of "well bush did it too and caused problems too and was stupid too". So are we just going to continue to hold politicians to the lowest standards of the stupidest ones? Are we going to CONTINUE to say well Bush sTARTED to spending us into obscurity so its OK for Obama to continue it?? AND that WAR is STILL going on and OBAMA is doing NOTHING to stop it. He AND THE DEMS have had a super majority till FEB. They were UNSTOPPABLE. They could have passed/ended ANYTHING. This ENTIRE year and the debt incurred, the war being fought and this atrocity of a HC bill fall SQUARELY on THEIR shoulders if for no other reason then that they have done NOTHING!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Why are we blaming Obama for all the debt?

Because he spent $1 trillion - that's $1,000,000,000,000.00 in his first month that basically went to kickbacks for special interests and unions who helped get him elected. $1,000,000,000,000.00 we didn't have to begin with and had to borrow from China. $1,000,000,000,000.00 of additional debt we did not have before he was elected.wapoobamabudget1

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2010