Harry Potter letdowns...again and again and again and aga.....

I am a HUGE fan of the book series. Movies 1-4 were ok, pretty right on to the storyline. 5 was a bit ridiculous....6 made me want to TEAR SOMEONE'S EYES OUT. and yet.....and yet...as I sit here and watch a sneak peek of the Deathly Hallows movie....made my the same director that developed that last abomination.....I still get goosebumps of excitement.....totally lame. I am NOT seeing it in theatres. I paid to see the last one and within 5 minutes should have walked out.

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i'm totally with you on that one
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Oh I agree with you, but stopped watching after the first movie. Everytime I see a trailer I get excited, but know it will be a let down. I have seen parts of each of the first 4 movies and was hugely disappointed.
    Somehow British made movies, don't really do if for me, and the Harry Potter series, is terrible. D:
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I always walk into the theater the first time trying not to think of the books at all because you'd have a 6 hour movie if they actually were able to fit everything from the book into a movie. So, I do my best to forget about the book, and I find I enjoy it far more. After that, though, I start picking it apart. :D
    Anonymous

• Me and my boyfriend have come to the conclusion that the books and the movies are 2 different things that just happen to be about the same people. The movies just don't go with the books very well. They cut out so much. Add in things that make no sense. I will watch them all though.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 2:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I agree, esp. that movie #6 was only loosely based on the book, and yet, I eagerly await the last 2 installments. Hope refuses to die that the movies will do the books justice.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I always keep in mind that they never go by the book and that the book will always be better. I think that while, they didn't follow the book, they did an excellent job of the effects and scene transitions. I hope it comes out when it's warm...we saw the last one at the drive in
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2010