Should I let him drink?

When he's sober he's mad & grumpy & aggresive.When he's drunk he's so much fun!But when he drinks he always tends to leave till da next day or he sleeps all day @ home

Baby_ma18

Asked by Baby_ma18 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• Classic signs of alcoholism...just sooo ya know!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 6:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Ok how is he "so much fun" if he's gone or sleeping? Sounds like you need to give him an altimatum or just leave his sorry A$$. You dont want an angry agressive man around your kid do you?
    Anonymous

• Does he drink alone or tries to be sociable?Does he ignore you sober and love you when drunk? Thats no way to live money and love disappear that way.......admit hes an alcoholic either get him help or get out
    Anonymous

• Either situation isn't really acceptable for your children. They see aggression or they are led to believe that drinking in large quantities is ok. In either case, the children are being shown something they can't understand. They can't understand really the nature of addiction or won't learn how to cope with anger and other emotions healthily, in my opinion. I think he needs to seek counseling for both of his problems actually. Until then, I would consider a separation. It can't be fair to you or anyone else around him. And you have the choice, the kids don't. I don't mean to come across as righteous or anything, but there is more to the picture than his feelings. You need to consider everything involved.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Oh my dear...if you're asking for opinion here it is..LEAVE HIM...or help him...that is if he wants help. My Mother gave me a piece of advice years ago that I live by. Take everything you cant stand about your man and amplify it by 10...take a good look and consider if you're willing to live with it. There are some things that he WONT change not even for himself never-the less you...this is a terrible habit he has...and it could be dangerous for you and your kids(if you have any).
    LilHellion

Answer by LilHellion at 6:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Kids learn from parents, if they see their dad drinking all the time they are gonna wanna drink. We are the future for our kids, leed a good example. Hope everything works out for you.
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• OH WOOW! NOW YOU HAVE A REAL ISSUE GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE GIRL~DONT YOU?! WELL IM NOT AS YOUNG AS YOU BUT WHEN I WAS ABOUT YOUR AGE I HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM...MY MAN LIKED TO GO OUT AND DRINK WITH HIS FRIENDS. BUT WHEN DOING THIS HE WOULD NOT ANSWER MY CALLS AND COME HOME AT LIKE 1AM IN DA MORNING. {!YEA I KNOW!} NOW I KNOW THAT HE WASNT DOING ANYTHING BUT HANG WITH THE GUYS--BUT STILL!! THATS NOT RIGHT, US WOMAN CAN NOT BE AT HOME WOUNDERING WHERE OUR MAN IS AND WHAT IT IS THAT HE MAY BE DOING WHILE ALL DRUNK~ K-NO?! FOR THAT REASON, SORRY BUT YOU NEED TO PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN, THAT IS IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE WITH HIM...(?) ALSO HE WILL CHANGE HIS ADDITUDE AND WAYS IF HE REALLY LOVES AND WANTS TO BE WITH YOU! *WHEN I TOLD MY MAN IT WAS DRINKING WITH THE BOYZ OR ME~HE CHANGED! AND NOW WE HAVE BEEN HAPPYLY MARRIED 5YEARS NOW! +SEE: EVEN BAD BOYZ CAN CHANGE IF THEY WANT TOO!! SMILES! ***GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES!*** ALWAYZ HERE IF YOU EVER WANT TO BOUNCE THOUGHTS AROUND. :) KAY!
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 7:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2008