anyone recieve SSDI survivor benefits?

My husband was recieving SSDI when he passed, so I am eligible for survivor benefits from SSDI. I recived a letter saying that I will recieve a specific amount and then my 20 month old son will recieve a certain amount. I am wondering if the amount my son is recieving is the rate for one child or for "children" in general. I am pregnant with our 2nd child and don't know if I have to file another claim for him as well...or if the amount my 20month old recieves already covers "all my children."

Has anyone else recieved SSDI survivor beenfits for multiple children? Has anyone had to file for a child that was born after your husband's death?

Thanks

hill_star03

Asked by hill_star03 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well my mom recieved it after my dad passed. But she already had 4 children. What I do know is that as each of us reaches 18, then that exact amount is split between the rest of the under age childresn. (ie say we each had 1000 a month, i turned 18 then the remaining 3 kids split the 4000). does that make sense? As far as being pregnant, and adding another child, i really dont know. I would suggest setting up an appt with your local social security office and see if they can help you. soory to hear bout the loss of your DH tho ((hugs))
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2010