black poop from a 10 month old!

my baby is constipated usually and her poop is coming out black. i looked at pictures of black stool that is suppose to be a sign of intestinal bleeding and it doesn't look like that, more dry if anything. the doctor suggested giving her prune juice and it hasn't worked. does anybody know what could be going on with her? has this happened with any of your LOs????

khmymommi

Asked by khmymommi at 3:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like constipation...try oatmeal, up her intake of veggies, and push fluids/juice. I found that prunes worked better than prune juice.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Prunes always work for my daughter. Also, this might sound strange, but she seems to poop all the time after a bath! When she's constipated her poops come out smaller and harder than usual but the color doesn't change. You may want to call your pediatrician and see if they might want to take a stool sample to check things out...good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• A doctor told me to put a little bit of white corn syrup on my ds bottle when he seemed to be constipated. .
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2010