what are the signs of a 9 month old baby dying from RSV

my child was diagnosed with RSV on march 7, 2010 and passed away on march 12,2010.the doctors did absolutely nothing for him!!!the autopsy says pending......i know an intense amount of mucus was coming out of his nose...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Um, as much as I sympathize with you, this is really NOT the place to ask such questions. If you are in any kind of uncertainty, you really need to consult an attorney. Cafemom members will give you nothing but varied information. They will also give you sympathy, but this isn't really what you are asking. You are asking for medical advice... we are not trained to do that. Even, I, with a Respiratory Therapist Degree, cannot help you with your answers. Seek legal advice.
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry for you. I have to agree with the above poster though...If you really feel like your son wasn't cared for correctly you should take legal action...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I don't know anything about this, but just wanted to say that I am so sorry for your loss!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Get a lawyer to get a copy of his medical records ASAP, before anyone has a chance to destroy anything. Were you keeping copies of things they did for him, did you write down what you remember, do you have any of the medical people who work there on your side??

I echo, GET A LAWYER ASAP. If they did nothing for your child, you will want to file suit immediately to keep this from happening to another child. If you get any grief at all from a lawyer telling you it's not worth it / you don't have a case you can always go to the media.

Huge amounts of mucous coming from the nose sounds like pneumonia to me, but I'm not an expert.

Be mentally prepared for some sick person to blame you if you were not breast feeding, by the way. My cousin lost a baby to SIDS and my aunt actually told her it was her fault.

You have my utmost sympathy and this is not your fault, it is likely the medical establishment or no ones fault.

Anonymous

• I am so sorry please get a lawyer and copies of everything. Get the copies asap.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 6:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2010