Am i still selfish for having an abortion if i have finally saved myself and my 3 children from a horrible life with a horrible man and dont want to have this baby and put us back in a vunerable position??

laurenashley03

Asked by laurenashley03 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I personally see where you are coming from. If your kids are old and in school you will be able to work and provide. Having a baby at home would find you living off the state and you know how these moms don't like that. Explaining giving up a sibling to your kids would be traumatic for everyone. A restraining order is a piece of paper, not an invisable forcefield. He can walk right through that, and cops have better things to do.

This is YOUR choice, if you can live with it and you feel it's right, then do it.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Some will say yes. Some will say no. Honestly this is a loaded question.
    I personally do not agree with abortion but if you feel it is what you need to do then that is your choice.
    Don't let anyone make you do it or not do it.
    Just a bit of advice tho, if you do do it try geting BC you can get it pretty cheap with planned parenthood. I mean at least til you are in a better place. Good luck !
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I think women have to make the best choice for them and their other kids if they have them. You did what felt was right. Why do you feel the need to be validated for your choice? If you made the best choice for you and your family, then be secure with that choice. You don't need to apologize or make excuses to anyone.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Just answering using the information you provided, I'd say that you are sacrificing a life unnecessarily. I am sure that there is more to the story but if you feel that this is the only way, then that's your choice. Why not adoption instead?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• YOur not going to get a straight answer and your the one who has to live with the diecision. No one can tell you if you will regret it or not, and alot of people are going to call you selfish, and alot of people are going to say its your right. If you do not feel that an abortion is the answer, then know hat there are tons of resources out there to help you get away from this man and get on your feet. There is adoption.

I personally do not feel I can or have the right to end another life. But that is my choice.
    Anonymous

• NO!

My 3rd child is reason that we (my other children and I) stayed in hell for almost 3 more years than we should have. When he found out I was leaving, he raped me (we hadn't slept together in months).

I wouldn't trade my baby for the world, but I also know that I would have left then, severed ties, and been in a whole new life without the complications I had to go through because of the pregnancy (he tried to kill me several times while I was pregnant with the last one).

Momma, you have 3 other LIVING breathing babies to think about.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• there's nothing wrong with being selfish if you think it's the right thing to do
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Hey mrs owen thnks for your answer but i was at the end of this relationship ready to make my escape unknown to him and i did use a condom ant took the emergancy BC on day 2..yet here i am 6 weeks pregnant ?!?!
    laurenashley03

Answer by laurenashley03 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Oh I am sorry hun! Sometimes things fail. I still say do what you feel is right. Don't let anyone make you feel bad for the choice you make for you and your children.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I personally believe abortion is a selfish act. So to do it was selfish. To take your kids and yourself out of a bad situation was an unselfish, wise and motherly act. But why are you asking all of strangers this question?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2010