Out of control 15 year old

My sister is 15 going on 16 in a few months. She thinks everyone should cater to her, work around her schedule and if she doesn't get her way she fights, name calls, slams things etc. This girl doesn't know how to wash a dish, sweep or anything and wouldn't do it if her life depended on it. She showers and walks through the house with a towel on in front of my fiance and my moms fiance and anybody else who happens to be here. She will not pick up after herself, pressures my mom into giving her whatever she wants. The thing about my mom, she is too sick to argue, to put her foot down or anything. Hence why I live with her. This is not my child but I feel the need to put my foot down and turn this attitude around if she is going to live under my moms roof. My mom does not need this, she is already on the verge of a heart attack.
How would you go about a girl like this? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Is she having any trouble at school? If she it, maybe try the guidance counsellor or social worker.

Can you ever sit down and just talk to her, without fighting? Can you talk to her about how upsetting it is that mom is sick and what you both can do to help mom? Tackle one thing at a time. Choose carefully. Either ask her to stop parading around in the towel OR start helping with housework. Do not criticize how she does the housework when she starts doing it.

Good luck.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• She does great in school but she is a drama/gossip queen and has a huge social circle which constantly has issues. She sees a guidance councellor and will be going into councelling outside of school soon. She has never had disipline at my moms house so she thinks she can do as she pleases and she will get whatever she wants. With my moms state, I feel the need to step in and as long as I am living with her, I will step in. My mom is sick and if she has another stroke or a heart attack following my sisters disrespect towards her and my sisters own selfishness, I will be very upset. I have tried talking her into helping now that my mom is like this but she brushed it off. One or the other sounds reasonable to me but I wish she would stop parading herself AND clean because the men of the house are uncomfortable and I cannot take care of 7 people and 2 babies and a house and cook dinner everynight BY MYSELF.
    Anonymous

• Let the men tell her to stop parading around bc she's going to think you are jealous. I'd ask for her help but doubt if she gets it. She's been allowed to act like this for 15 yrs so to her it's normal and has been acceptable to mom. Mom's ready for death and she has a fiance? that's odd. You have a fiance and you live off mom? You are not so perfect either. You want to be the queen of the house now that mom is sick and I don't see that happening with sis. She's not going to be cinderella for you bc you have overwhelmed yourself with self imposed responsibility and now what to cry Oh Woe is Me. Talk about drama queen. I see where she gets it. There is no head of the house and until there is she's not going to listen to anyone. Too bad she wasn't taught better as a younger child. the damage is done. That's sad and unfair to sis.
    Anonymous

• lmao I live off my mom? Funny that I moved in to help her A WEEK AGO, I have a fulltime job and bought everything I own plus just paid her mortgage for her. Did I say she was dying? NO, I said she's very sick. I'm a grown woman sweetheart, don't talk down on me with your bitchy ignorance. Maybe you live like that and your kids aren't taught well but that gives you no right to take my situation and place accusations on it because YOU F-ed up.
    Thats okay. Heartless people die alone. They lose their husbands and their kids start to disown them. Does that sound familiar heartless anon? Grow up and go back to your F-ed up life:)
    Oh and there is so many things I could say to you right now. But next time, try to wear your big girl panties and not hide behind anon. If people are going to talk trash, say it up front.
    Anonymous

• sounds like u need to take your spoiled 15 yr old sister out back to the wood shed and beat her ass i bet if shes covered in bruises she wont wanna show her little ass to no one thats what i would do i been there and done that to one of my sisters the others were lost causes by then with 3 babys all by diffrent daddies lol so yeah whoop her ass !!!!
    RavenSwift

Answer by RavenSwift at 10:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• your sister knows no different sound like this is the way she has been raised. there are many young people out there who feel like they are entitled to what ever they want. Unfortunately, your sister is not learning how to care for herself and will grow up to be a very needy adult. I don't agree with beating her violence will get you no where. Your mom needs to sit your sister down and let her know what is expected of her. I would suggest to stop giving her money, buying her stuff and taking her places until she follows rules. If your mom does not have a problem with this behavior there is nothing you can do to help.
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 3:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2010