What are the best bottles for colic?ABSOLUTELY NO breastfeeding lectures or insulting remarks- thanks- :)

My little Caysie has pretty bad colic. We are currently using Playtex nursers. What bottles have you found give the least air? I know that babies outgrow colic but I am willing to TRY different things until she does. :)

flowermom76

Asked by flowermom76 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try Dr Brown's...my gf swore by them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I used the playtex liner bottles. Pushed all the air out and it worked fine for my daughter.
    ALso those vent air bottles by playtex.
    I would not waste time or money on those Dr Browns bottles. They are way to expensive, difficult to clean and leaked A LOT with us.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Dr. Browns are the best. My son had colic so bad when he was a baby those were life savers!! If I ever have more babys I will not use any other bottle then the Dr. Browns
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 3:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I would not waste time or money on those Dr Browns bottles. They are way to expensive, difficult to clean and leaked A LOT with us.

Yes they are expensive but so worth it. They come with a brush so you can clean them so they realy are not that hard to clean.
    I never had a leaking problem with any of mine.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 3:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My opinion, They are not worth the cost or hassle. They have cheaper bottles that work just as great. Everyone I know hates those and had issues too and hated what a pain it was to clean those everytime.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Solution-instead of wasting a bunch of money on a lot Dr. Browns I might buy just 1 Dr. Browns and see if it helps :) I think both of your opinions are valid. Every baby is probably different. I did not mention that Caysie has a short tongue. (her tongue is little and far back in her mouth) so when she eats she makes a loud sucky noise and gulps a lot of air. Maybe no bottle will work for that but it is worth a try.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I used the Dr browns too and they worked very well. My cousin also had a colicy baby and used the dr browns, she loved them. They are a little bit of a hassle to clean but I liked them more than the vent air and the drop ins.
    Anonymous

• I use avent when I use bottles. They work good for my DD but they are pretty expensive.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My son was colic and we used the Avent Bottles . Worked great for him. My daughter was not colic but we stuc to using them anyway. They are pricey but well worth it.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Playtex Vent Aire or Dr Browns bottle helped with my DS Colic when he was a baby.
    Anonymous