Could someone please explain in plain English, what exactly the Health Care thing will mean?

Honestly, I have not been following it very well and I'm not sure how it will effect me and my family. Can someone put it in simple terms for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Glad i'm not the only one lol
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Please look for this answer in another place. Everyone is so far to the right or left in this section you will only get extreme answers which is not what you are looking for I don't think..
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 3:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Apparently this is a touchy subject today on the eve of the vote, cm just closed a question on this.

Answer by older at 3:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• OP here- trippyhippy, can you tell me a good website to find the answer, then? Thanks.
    Anonymous

• I am actually searching right now for one.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 3:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• OP here. I'm not asking for arguments or drama. I just don't understand it.
    Anonymous

• http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2010/0319/Health-care-reform-bill-101-Who-must-buy-insurance

This looks pretty none biased but I only read through the first page.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 3:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I think that people are fearful that once government makes you dependent on it for something as basic as your health, it can invade and control more and more of your life. Our control isn't all about that. We like our personal freedoms.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• http://healthcarebloglaw.blogspot.com/2009/08/health-care-reform-explained-from-back.html

When you get to the end of the slideshow, they've already chosen an option - it's the one where you pay indirectly through taxes (the middle one).  End result - you are required to have insurance or pay a fine, the fine is included in the tax code (so it's a tax you pay above income tax) and if you don't pay you go to jail (where healthcare is free!).  Also, you pay in for 4 years before any of the actual health insurance takes effect, so in year 5 you still pay for it, but you also actually (maybe) see a change to your insurance coverage.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Personal freedoms? Name one. You don't have any sucker. It's all an illusion.
    Anonymous