Can I take an accurate pregnancy test on mirena?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Mirena will not alter test results. If it came up negative wait a week and retest, If it's positive, you are pregnant. I felt pregnant on mirena the whole time but I wasn't pregnant.
    Anonymous

• My friend got pregnant on mirena right after she had her first child. Her babys are only 11 months apart!
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 3:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Rochelle, if this is really the case, her doctor is probably the one to blame. You aren't supposed to have Mirena put in until 8 weeks post partum. 6 weeks is the absolute earliest they will do it, and that is only if you are in an insurance crisis AND your uterus has returned to it's normal size. My OB also told us to use condoms for the first 3 weeks.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 4:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• You will test positive if your pregnant with merina. I know of 2 RL people that got pregnant while on merina. They took the test it came up pos and they called the doctor. The IUD if still in must come out asap! With the first case I know she carried to term after the IUD was removed. With case two she had a miscarriage with in a week of having the IUD pulled out.
    Anonymous

• i got 2 neg. test results with my IUD in place, but i dont think the IUD had anything to do with the results.......i tested again when i was 6 weeks late for my period and got a positive result...i had my IUD removed immediately and am now 35 weeks preg with my 4th child.
    Anonymous

• Rochelle, if this is really the case,

Realy now why would I make this up?
    It must have been the doctor because as soon as she got it put in she got pregnant. If you do the math it is possiable. They are 11 months apart you are pregnant for 9 months there for she was 6-8 weeks post partum when it was put in.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 6:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2010