Cows/goats milk - how early?

I just found out that the organic formula I was feeding my 9 month old contains hexane which is highly toxic and is being used to extract DHA/ARA from the algae. There is no other organic formula that would be safer for under one year. Would it be terrible to start my 9 months old on goats milk? I figure it's less harmful than the hexane. She eats all solid foods too, so I'm not worried about her not getting enough vitamins from the milk.

cristinaberger

Asked by cristinaberger at 3:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son got cows milk mixed with tea from birth. He is just fine.
    Anonymous

• 1 year unless other wise stated by a Dr.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• like Ms Owen said, it's 1 year unless your pediatrician tells you other wise.
    Anonymous

• What are you talking about? Ask your childs Dr, It is one year unless said other wise by a Dr. Doctors are not paid by the food industry. Don't be crazy. My sons Dr had him start at 7 months on milk. My daughters Dr has told us to go ahead and start switching formula and milk. She is 10 months.
    The answer I gave you is what EVERYONE will give you. If you don't want the truth then DON'T ask. I will be reporting you!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• It is true, your pediatrician is NOT paid by the food industry lol. My son got to start on milk around 10 months because he had allergies to some of the formulas. Just try talking to the pediatrician at least.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2010