If the Healthcare will be SO great . . . .

Then why doesn't everybody on the Hill want it? Why don't they do away with their "special" healthcare that they get and get what they are trying to force down us commoners throats?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Because it is NOT THAT great. Dim Leadership needed to twist arms, threaten, and bribe to get votes. That fact alone is enough to tell me this bill STINKS!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Socialized health insurance is a bad decision for the U.S. politicians to make. We are going to have what care the government tells us we can have, not what we need. We need to vote the people who voted for this bill out of office. Period. That is the ONLY way that we can have our voices heard in Washington, D.C. Let them know that we will not have Socialism shoved down our throats! There is a mid-term election in October. That is our chance to tell Washington that we will not stand for this!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Obviously because it isn't that great.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I hope that I am wrong. I hope that if this bill passes I am totally wrong and things will turn out for the better... but right now I just don't see it.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Because some of them are in comservative leaning states and want to get re-elected and some don't want this reform

i an not surprised that there are some dems against it. I am amazed that EVERY republican is against it...just shows they are ONLY about party and not about the people (and I am referring to the elected officials, not every republican). Iknow there are republicans that actually WANT this to go through

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

Did you read the question? It's asking why ever member of congress - especially those voting YES, will not be giving up their existing insurance and following the rules of the bill they are passing - they will be exempt from all of its provisions.
    Anonymous

• ~OP
    Thank you Anon 522 You know EXACTLY what I am trying to get at.
    I believe they would think a little harder before they voted if they had to live by what they are forcing on us.
    Anonymous

• Yes they would 5:49.

The majority does not want this bill and when republicans stand by their constituents its the right thing to do..but some love ot twist...dems care about control sweet and obama said himself the other day that its about HIS presidency.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2010