Klonopin

anybody take this med? Does it help w, anxiety? I have it bad ,,,,,,,,some days I shake and my heart beats fast I dont want to leave the house

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Health

• I've had anxiety/panic attacks for 31 years after a closed head injury. I've taken Klonopin for 15 years, off and on, and it's VERY helpful to me. Takes 30 to 45 minutes to start feeling the effects and it's a huge relief. You should take it regularly as prescribed for it to be effective, not just when you feel like it. I take .25 mg twice daily.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I will always blame this drug for killing my first husband. It relaxed him really good .... right into the grave. He was on this drug for 3 days and fell asleep sitting up on the couch and never woke up. I always tell people be very careful with it.
    Anonymous

• i have seen people take this drug and be so out of their mind they cant even speak..they have seen things that were not there, they would fall seriously and get very hurt..this is a drug to be very careful with..i have seen it be bad for about 4ppl..be careful with it please
    Anonymous

• My adult son is on it and it makes life very livable for him. MY SIL takes it and functions just fine. Anxiety can take over and rule your life as you are discovering. If your doctor has prescribed the medication for you and you don't take more than prescribed, you should be fine. Sure, there are side effects such as drowsiness and mental fog that go away as your body adjusts to it, that's why the labels on the meds say do not drive or operate heavy machinery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2010