just found out im pregnant, how do i telll my unsupportive in laws?

hey all! i just found out i am pregnant with my 3rd child an my inlaws are not going to be supportive how do i tell them?? i really need the support and dont know how to tell them

chenoa2008

Asked by chenoa2008 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just don't. It won't be worth the stress.
    I'm 23 weeks along and haven't told anyone (just me and my husband and my friends online know). I don't want to deal with all the negative comments and the stress that the family gives me (my kids don't even know...this is our 5th). We didn't tell anyone with our 4th child either.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• jen, i'm not bashing... but how does that work... exactly?
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 4:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I think you need to just sit down with them and tell them that you are having their son's child and that you need them. You did not say what kind of support you need from them or why they oppose, so I really don't know what else to tell you.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Let your husband tell them. If I got pregnant again, I wouldn't tell my fiances parents. If he wanted to tell them, that's his choice. They wouldn't be happy & I wouldn't care about their input.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Just tell them, My MIL hates that I am pregnant again, Oh well not her choice. CONGRATS
    southerncharm86

Answer by southerncharm86 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Send them a card
    Anonymous

• You know I have 5 kids, and after the third it seemed like everyone got pissy with me when I said I was pregnant again. I had to listen to some of the rudest nasty crap from people. So I took on the F-U attitude. My mom said "again" with the fourth one in a nasty way and I said " Hey, are you going to be getting up at 2 am and feeding it? Are you going to be buying the diapers? Are you going to be buying the crib, sheets blankets?..."? and I just kept going on and on and the answers were all no no no. Then I said "So what business is it of yours if I have more or not?" And that put an end to it from her so I started using it for other people. People shut up when you get all down too it. For baby 5 I didn't even tell anyone until a month before I was due.
    Anonymous

• dont tell them at all, screw them, let them find out when your all nice and round. its none of their business and i wouldnt want you going through their nasty comments. when i found out i was pregnant with my 2nd my MIL suggested abortion and said so many things to me and even convinced my husband that i need an abortion and wanted him to convince me but of coarse i said hell no and till this day my hubby loves our 2nd child a lot but my MIL pretty much doesnt give my son a time of day.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I agree with sending them a card or email. MY father in law was told via email and whenver he calls my SO he won't even achknowledge I'm pregnant, he literally has never mentioned it
    Anonymous

• I went through the same thing with my in-laws when we had our third baby. We didn't tell them until I was about 8 months pregnant and couldn't hide it. They didn't live nearby though so it wasn't hard to avoid telling them.
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 8:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2010