Am I the only one dumb-founded by the increasing ignorance of the american people?

The more I talk to people in this country the more I realize that 90% of the population has absolutely no knowledge of how to eat healthy, how to spend money, how to achieve a good quality of life and have no basic knowledge of history, geography and any other countries in the world. I feel like I'm surrounded by idiots. The few intelligent people I know can not compensate for the abundant stupidity I see every day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think that most Americans who have never experienced LIVING overseas is not going to be able to see how different the American attitude and lifestyle is from other parts of the world. We spent 3 years in Spain. I loved their lifestyles, their culture. They enjoy their food, but they overall eat a healthy diet because its a typical mediterranean diet...lots of fresh seafood, fruits, vegetables. They produce and sell food based on QUALITY not QUANTITY. They just don't sell a bunch of junk food in their stores, so its consumed much less. They walk everywhere they can. Children typically live at home and don't get married or have children til they are graduated from college. Normally people are a bit older when they have children. They are open to other cultures yet still proud of their own. And when they spend money, they spend it well. You will not see a bunch of cheap, imported crap in their homes. CONTINUED
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:34 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Common sense isn't so common anymore.

Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Feels like you're living in the beginning of the movie "idiocracy" doesn't it?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Often those who think they are the shizzle really aren't all that.

How is the weather up there on that tall pedestal?
    Anonymous

• OP you are seeing the result of government schools.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

You nailed it!!
    Anonymous

• an u have based that % on what empirical data? your experience? LOL U actually know 90% of the American population? talk about ignorance, make a valid statement people can believe in. u shot your credibility on an invalid statement
    Anonymous

• u shot your credibility on an invalid statement

You shot yours on failing to spell out words and capitalize the first word at the beginning of sentences.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I don't think it is the schools, they do the best they can considering. Most people don't parent at all, they sit their kids in front of the TV with soda and chips etc, and then act confused when their kid is fat and misbehaves hmmmm.. I think that sexual irresponsibility is the main problem, too many people who should never have kids are having kids, back in the day people didn't just have sex with whoever whenever. It was a nice day and age when the majority of people having kids were financially sound, and took the time to raise their kids properly.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Worse yet they are all old enough to vote!
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 5:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2010