vaginal delivery for a premie

doctor thinks I will deliver in the next few weeks, I will be somewhere between 32 and 35 weeks, can I still have a vaginal delivery??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Most definitely! I've had all my children vaginally, at 36 weeks, 34 weeks, and just short of 37 weeks =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 4:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Yes unless complications arise.
    Anonymous

• Yes. I did.
    Anonymous

• well yeah, that early it should just slide right out.
    Anonymous

• I had a 32 weeker vaginally. Usually when they speak of preemies that are a c section there is something else wrong like placenta coming detached, hbp in the mom, GD, HELLP, stuff like that. Then that baby is a preemie to save either the mom's life or the babies and they must get the baby out fast. My son just wanted out and still to this day he can't seem to wait for anything. Impatient little brat I tell ya. Even 2 trabutiline shots couldn't stop him.
    Anonymous

• It is better for the baby if it is born vaginally it will have a better chance to breath naturally without assistance.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Of course. I had 2 early, one at 34 and one at 35 weeks. Why would they let you deliver early without trying to prolong? Most babies do fine at that age but it's always better for them to stay in the womb as long as possible.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I did! My DD was born at 31 weeks..I didn't even have to fully dialate! Woohoo! lol! (she was only 1lb 14.5 oz though!)
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Yes you can but I wouldnt take what the Dr said 100% I was told I would delievery early because of the preterm thigns I was having and I was 4 days late with my son
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• OP here I got high bloodpressure, and they are unsure my heart can handle this... already stopped labor 2 times, doctor thinks it would be safer to deliver the baby if i start labor again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Mar. 22, 2010