Back up your computer stuff ladies! This means you!

Hubby took his laptop to get checked-Motherboard is Dead! Was 3 years old so though it stinks, it wasn't anything to get too upset over. My writing from it is on a pen drive-other stuff I emailed to myself-Pics and videos are on DVDs &CDs and there is a complete back up on a external hard drive.
Other than maybe some game saves, nothing lost.

I had a feeling it was the motherboard by the way it took a dump like that, but was hoping I was wrong.

So ladies, please back up your stuff! if nothing else email your pics and things you write to yourself, because this is the third computer crash I've lived through and every time I thanked the stars I am a woman who backs up- even on days when the hubby would gripe because my back ups were taking so long!
first one was a HD crash-tech just about fainted when I told him that it was no big deal-done a system back 3 days before. He'd never heard that!
so who backs up?
let me know!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Our laptop gave out on us a few months ago. We knew it was going out so we bought an external hard drive. put everything on it (home videos, pics, music, ect) and just now was able to afford to buy a new laptop... sadly not everything was done right because we are missing *ALL* our home videos (THANK GOD most were on CDs already) and im missing 3 months of pics of dd when she was 2...

So make sure what you do back up... is REALLY backed up properly! :-(
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I do. I have DVD/CDs with photos and documents on them in addition to an external HD.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Omg, I learned that 2 years ago when we moved. The computer apparently didn't appreciate the journey, so got amnesia. I lost so many pictures that can never be replaced. Now, I don't save anything on the computer, but use an external memory source instead.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• LOST SOME OF DD'S FIRST PICS AND A VIDEO FROM HER BIRTH TILL HER FIRST BIRTHDAY (COLLABORATION OF A BUNCH OF VIDEO'S) I CRIED I WAS SO UPSET! IF IT WOULDNT HAVE BEEN FOR MY PICS ON MYSPACE I WOULDNT OF HAD ANY FROM HER FIRST DAYS OF LIFE ....SO NOW I UPLOAD EVERYTHING ON MYSPACE IN A PRIVATE FOLDER......IF ANYTHING HAPPENES TO MYSPACE IM SCREWED!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I back up everything I have on a terabyte drive and back up all of my writing and movies and pictures on zip disk.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2010