1 yr old grinding teeth

Does or did your baby grind its teeth? My daughter is a yr old, with 5 full teeth and 2 coming in and I have just recently noticed that she is grinding them! Is she supposed to be doing that?

MsMallory09

Asked by MsMallory09 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son started doing that as soon as he got his first 2 teeth. He stopped on his own. The doc said there's nothing you can really do about it and most children will just stop. They are just trying to explore what's going on.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Teeth grinding (bruxism) in children is very common (espescially when they have new teeth coming through) and is not usually something to worry about as it will probably go away on its own.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My son started when he had 4 teeth...he stopped when he turned 6yrs. It will stop..eventually.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• When my son was that age the dentist told me that they are finding their bite....not to worry about it. My son still does it (he's 7 now), and the dentist still isn't concerned.
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 8:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2010