Stupak sells out - how much do you think they bought him for?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/HealthCare/health-care-vote-anti-abortion-democrats-strike-deal/story?id=10162080

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 4:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am soooo disgusted. They are going to tax us into oblivion, and add more of what they claim to be stopping, and they are so fricken proud of what they are doing "for the people" when the PEOPLE are outside there saying KILL THE BILL! They clearly are not listening, and think they are doing us a FAVOR!

What the hell good is an Executive Order, that will only take another Executive Order to rescind the first order? I had hope for Stupe, but he let America down.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• A buck fifty maybe? lol There are no 'moderate' dems ..no such thing...'blue dogs' pfft please.If all it takes is a bribe to pull them from principles then they weren't firmly planted in them to begin with.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Stupak didn't sell out. HE got the language restricting taxpayer funding of abortion that he wanted> Wow

You guys really get the facts WRONG!
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 5:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• no, he sold us out.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• HE got the language restricting taxpayer funding of abortion that he wanted

No he didn't, he got an executive order implying that might happen, but that can easily be circumvented with dozens of loopholes if anyone decides to do it. He did NOT get a change to the actual wording of the bill, which means he is voting for legislation he does not agree with on the hopes that an executive order will not be rescinded or worked around.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• A sell out who got the provisions he wanted protecting federal funds from being used for abortions? I think we have different definitions of what a sell out is...But I already knew that

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• He certainly DO NOT LET HIS fellow democrats down or the democrats that put him in office.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 5:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• ((Happy Dance))
    Anonymous

• I think NP responded to that already sweet...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I voted for dems once in a while...never again..at least not for a long time ..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2010