Would you let your 8-year-old watch any of the Twilight movies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I haven't seen them, but I have read the books..based off of what's in them, I think 8 might be a bit young.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 5:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Yeah, I don't see a problem with them.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Yes, I let my dd watch them at that age. The movies are so lame, I don't see why not. She's 10 now and also reading through the books.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My 3 yo has seen bits of Twilight. Obviously it is not a movie that keeps her interest, but I had no issue watching it with her in the room. It's completely harmless imo.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My son is 8 and I let him watch them. Why not? They aren't bad or anything and are not teaching anything harmful or hurtful. They are teen(supernatural)romance and it is so toned down as far as the romance goes(i mean they hardly ever kiss)
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 5:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Sure, not graphic at all. You don't actually even see blood or fighting in the first one (and there are no sexual references...maybe one kiss). I haven't seen the second one but it was made by the same people so I assume it is just as family friendly. Maybe you should watch it first alone and decide if you think it is okay? I watched it with my 9 year old sister in law, it's her favorite.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I dont see anything wrong with them. Now, when Eclipse and Breaking Dawn come out I will be watching them before my kids do just because there's a bit more sexuality in the books and i don't know how they will portray it in the movies.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• dont see why not, the movie isnt bad at all
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• No I don't think they are age appropriate, just my opinion. I would never look down at someone who did, to each their own.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 7:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My 9 year old has seen both Twilight and New Moon; I'm not sure whether or not I'll let her watch the last two...probably not though. I think she should be a little older for those.
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 8:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2010