People using W.I.C.

Do you think women who are using W.I.C. should have to BF, unless they have a medical reason as to why they can't? Think about all of the the money our goverment spends on formula. It's such a waste of money. There is no reason for this much money to be spent on formula, when woman CAN breast feed. It's disgusting.
What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree! Any woman who doesn't at least give it an honest try is selfish and shouldn't have her kids. She obviously doesn't have their best interest in mind, just her own convience!
    Anonymous

• I don't care how a mom feeds her baby as long as she's feeding it!
    Anonymous

• not again
    Anonymous

• I breastfed all three of my children and was still granted WIC. In fact I got extra milk, cheese, beans and peanut butter because I was breastfeeding. I was not given coupons for formula. Why are you such a hater?
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• HELL NO. I have no reason to breast feed if i DONT WANT TO..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 5:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I think it's disgusting too. Any woman not wanting to breast feed her child is selfish and foolish. Do you know how harmful formula is for kids? Why would you pass up the opportunity to bond with your child? And at the expense of the taxpayers?! That is not fair. I think WIC should enforce breast feeding.
    Anonymous

• agreed. BUT you always have the "I couldn't" card, which is played in almost EVERY instance in which a mum chooses to quit. "low supply" is an excuse... and I am not sorry.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• What I think is disgusting is YOU thinking you have the RIGHT to choose what I do with MY body.Can you tell me any causes of deaths from formula?Formula has been around since the end of the 1800s.So no matter what YOU think..Its never gonna happen :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 5:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• No. It's a damn choice, let it go.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Does it really matter? It's not going to make WIC go away, and I would MUCH rather see a mom who maybe has an alcohol or drug problem being on WIC and feeding thier kids formula than being FORCED to breast feed because someone doesn't want "their money" going to buy some formula. They would STILL get WIC, it would just be in the form of extra food for them. So your money would still be going to them. I don't know why this has to get brought up every day. People feed their kids the way that works best for their family. Let them be. Yes, breast IS best, there is no denying that, but it still should not be forced on anyone.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2010