How to dye hair?

Last night I tried to dye my hair and now I have big blotches of my natural color. What did I do wrong and when can I redhead it. I look stupid.

MoM.i.aM

Asked by MoM.i.aM at 6:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• um kind of hard to explain, i did what you did a couple times then learned to do it. I guess what you need to do is lift your hair layers and but comlor in it and do it layer by lasyer and kind massage its in your hair like you would shampoo
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• you have to separate the hair section by section and make sure that you cover all of the hair strands. it is very difficult to do it by yourself, but once you get the hang of it, it's not so hard. also, once you get your roots done, "shampoo" color into the rest of it. If you are using a bottle to apply, this will be easy. If you are using a brush and bowl technique, brush the color onto the rest of your strands before "shampooing".
    luckmomto2

Answer by luckmomto2 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2010