How much did you spend?

How much did you spend on your wedding? Was it nice or just ok? What did you do for everything?

I'm trying to get ideas on how much I want to budget out for a wedding and just what I want to do exactly.

Jessie1689

Asked by Jessie1689 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We got married at the courthouse. I don't think it matters how much you spend, just what you spend it on. Do what you feel is important, and what you like. Maybe plan out what you WANT, then go back and plan it to what you can afford, and take out what you can do without to fit it into your budget.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Ours was back in 90. We spent about $3500. I bought a cheap dress because you only wear it once $204. My sisters all spent thousands on a dress, had it preserved by the dry cleaners in a nice box, and when they opened them years later they where ruined. I think it was an adverage wedding. Meal, DJ, my sister made dresses, and a friend did the flowers. We went with fake flowers. They carried them in baskets and all my sisters still use theirs as a decoration in their home. Truely it's one day. You want it to be nice but why go overboard.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 6:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• about $4000, including honeymoon. yes it was very nice, got alot off of orentailtrading.com. if you shop around you can have a great wedding for cheap
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• We spent $20,000 on our wedding.
    It was nice but if I could do it different I would have had the reception outside since everyone was outside most of the time anyways.
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 7:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I absolutely hate all eyes on me.So I bought a 60 dollar dress at old navy.I was 8 months pregnant.Paid 2.50 for a pair of flip flops at old navy.DH's best friends BIL can legally marry people,so we got our parents,his siblings,and his best friend and got married at chittenango falls.Its a gorgeous waterfall =]
    starryeyez23

Answer by starryeyez23 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Coast $25 at the court house. A marraige is not the wedding. We have been married for 21 years, this month.

Answer by louise2 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• 200- we got married in Laughlin at a little chappel and got a limo ride there and back from the hotel we stayed at. My sisiter paid for our hotel room for 3 nights...we had enough money to eat and not much else
    my dress was 20 bucks and the shirt he wore was like 10
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• gah-typos!
    charlotsomtimes

• $30,000 and it was 6 years ago, it was beautiful and elegant.

Anonymous

• I had a beautiful English country wedding.  It cost around 1000 to 1500 pounds, but that was almost 22 years ago, so it's hard to remember and prices have surely risen since then.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2010