How do you keep your vagina area fresh if you don't douch?

Just found out (in here) that it messes w/ the PH of your fun area if you douch, so now I wonder how to clean there - I used to douch after each period.

Also after the last child, I discharge more now, than before I had kids - is this normal, and how do I clean this, so it does not become....(for lack of better word)cheesy down there...I hear soap on inside of labias are no-no's also....

Nynne

Asked by Nynne at 6:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Health

• didn't I just answer this? Summer's eve feminine wash. it's ph balanced and i don't put it inside the vagina, just the outside. The body cleanses itself inside.
    Anonymous

• wear a pantiliner so yournot messy
    and take a bath
    Anonymous

• Sorry, yes I posted this twice - do apologize - 1st. time I was told the Q did not go thru......
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 7:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Soft soap.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• So summers Eve are ok, to use on inside of labias???

And I should let my vagina take care of herself?
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 7:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• there must be a lot of sticky toots out there JK don't pee ladies use summers eve.
    Anonymous

• wow you learn new things everyday lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• If you get cheese down their, something is wrong and you need to go get checked out. Once a month, douching is ok just do not do it all the time.

Answer by louise2 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Showers are how I stay clean. I just use regular soap...not inside, the labia.
    I hear plain yogurt can work wonders for the inside...only, women are confused as to whether they should eat the yogurt, or dip a tampon into it and put it in...
    Anonymous

• All I do is a washcloth with hypoallergenic soap (sensitive skin) and was between my labia and around my vaginal opening. That's it. As long as you do that, it should be fine and you shouldn't have problems.
    Anonymous