Would you want to know if your 4th grader was saying some pretty trashy stuff?

My kids were at the park a little while ago. When they came in, my son told me that a little boy in 4th grade told him that he sucks d*cks. My first reaction is what the hell?! Seriously, I am so sick of the language that comes from little kids' mouths. My daughter is 9 in 3rd grade so this kid is 10, 11 at the oldest. I really want to go talk to his parents, but I don't know if I should just let it go. I did tell my kids they can't play with that boy anymore. Apparently, he said to my son, "You suck d*cks, and you'll never know what that means...." He was laughing when he said it. What would you do if in this situation?

MPWifeJessicia

Asked by MPWifeJessicia at 7:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Talk to the parents. And don't treat the child like an outcast. Shunning children only turns them into even worse children! Give your children the chance to show what THEY know and allow your kids to be an influence. Allowing your child to go through trials is part of raising good children, well, it should be.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I always like talking to the parents. They may not be aware he's talking like that. My dd said something bad at that age. I happened to hear her and asked her what it meant. She said she had no idea. I told her and she turned several shades of red. She never said it again. We have to teach our children and help others teach their children, too.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Things like that have always worried me and for that reason I have always tried to be close by when my kids are out, but there comes a time when you have to let them go out by themselves. And yes I would want to know. How do you approach a parent?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I would honestly just knock on the door, and let them know that I was told their son said it. I would let the parents know that I don't want to cause trouble, but that if I were in their shoes, I hope someone would tell me. I am not sure if that little boy knows what it means; it's quite possible that he heard it from an older brother or something. I'm just shocked and amazed at the things kids say.
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 7:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• HA...I love your answer ANON :37!
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 8:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2010