Are there any Christo Witches or Christo Pagans here??

I would love to know more about your beliefs, practices and traditions!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My mother is a Practcing Christian/Christo Witch. It was funny how she got the name too... we were talking on afternoon and I thought she had once told me that she was an Atheist -Witch and when I mentioned it to her, she say's '"Oh no" that she believes in the God of the Bible and in His Angels... and that her workings are with the Angels, they aide her in her magikal work... mostly in protection, but didn't know that she fell into a name/catagory of sorts until I told her about being a Christian/Christo Witch is very possible...
    She does not celebrate (as far as I know) the Pagan Sabbaths, but more of the tradional Christian ones... of the Lutheran faith, she read tarrot cards and has been doing so for as long as I can remember...
    She grows her own herbs... but she does not use the basic Pagan tools nor does she keep a BOS.... she does not go to any Church and hasn't for some time...
    cont...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• cont...
    She does not cast spells often, infact I have helped her on a few.... (wordings) she sees herself as a Witch, healer, protector of the family...

I don't know if I have helped you and your question Sabrina, but I can find out a bit more tomorrow when I talk to her....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Oh I do want to add that I do not believe that my mother sees a Mother Goddess as most Pagans do either... this I will find out...lol... but as for our convo.. she never once mentions the Great Mother....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• We're more Judeo-Christian witches. DH is a serious kabbalist scholar. For Ostara we often make Challah. We make our holy water on the summer solstice. We are building a new ritual room, and DH has designed it according to a kabbalist text. I sleep with the Book of Raziel under the bed for a painless fast labor. We're pretty traditional in that all of the magical work we do comes from ancient grimoires and is usually done in Hebrew. Our DD will be named Sophia when she is born.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I am I suppose.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• One of my bestest friends out here is a Wiccan who practices Catholism as well. So I guess that makes her a Christo-wiccan. S
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• wow I never heard of them. Learn something knew everyday.
    Anonymous

• This is one of the neatest things I've ever heard. I hope you get more answers because I want to learn more about it.
    Anonymous

• I guess you could say I am one. I am more Christian than Pagan in practice though, I think. I do blend Catholic, Buddhist, and Wiccan-ish beliefs all together. Much of my belief stems from the fact that I have always been very sensitive to the energies around me, I can sense what people are feeling, etc. So, when I was looking into that, I finally ended up on a spiritual path that was right for me.

I really like candle magick, because it is also Christian in nature. I believe in God, and that Jesus was His son, I also believe in the goddess, but she and God are both a part of the same deity. I believe that God goes by many names. I follow the Bible, but don't interpret it the way many Christians do. I celebrate both Christian and Pagan holidays, and to a certain extent I did even before I found my path.
    Anonymous

• Here is a website that explains a few of the things I also believe, though not all the things listed are what I believe. Christian Witches/Pagans are pretty varied in what we believe: Christo Wicca

That was me who posted above, I have no idea how I ended up hitting the anon button, I didn't mean to. Oops...

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2010